DIRECT BENEFITS OF CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP
Membership = Positive Impact to A Business
According to a commissioned study by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), the real value of chamber membership to businesses as it applies to what customers perceive about that business includes:
- If you are perceived as highly involved through participation on committees, sponsorship, board service, etc., 12% are more likely to think your products/services stack up better against your competition.
- These perceptions are based on the inference that businesses, which are highly visible and active in their local Chamber, are more trustworthy, more involved in the community, care about customers, are successful, and are community leaders.
- Representation in city government –City council members attend chamber board meetings regularly to report on city council meetings and future agenda items. There is the opportunity for collaborative discussion and input on business issues.
- Legislative action on key business issues.
- Access to key contacts to assist with business needs.
- Advocate Chamber policies on community issues.
- Community involvement – Business plays an enormous role in the area’s economy. Membership ensures economic vitality and relevance.
- Leadership San Mateo / Foster City / Burlingame / Hillsborough to identify and train future community leaders.
- Ongoing promotions to use local vendors and services and to promote more local business to business commerce.
- Annual Meeting to recognize Chamber Partnerships and the contributions made by businesses in the community.
- Participation in scholarships by local students.
- Membership Check-Up with the Chamber’s leadership team (by appointment only).
- Membership orientation (by appointment only).
- Referral Service to our members and local community.
- Rosters by category for target marketing.
- Free Business Consulting – SCORE (Service Corps. Of Retired Executives).
- Periodic Educational Seminars.
Visibility – Exposure and Marketing Opportunities
- Market your business through our bi-weekly emails and monthly newsletters. Members receive two complimentary email campaigns to entire membership and hundreds of other contacts. Additional email campaigns are $50 each.
- Membership includes one free booth space annually at the Burlingame Fresh Markets.
- Event sponsorship is available and can be customized to suit any business need. Events include the Annual Meeting in January, Burlingame On the Avenue festival in August, and weekly Fresh Markets on Sunday and Thursday.
- Member events/activities may be promoted through Chamber social media networks.
- burlingamechamber.org – All members of the Chamber are listed in the Membership Directory, a dynamic SEO-enabled feature on the Chamber website. Listings can be enhanced with logo, photos and videos.
- Mailing labels/Member roster: Send a message to fellow Chamber members. These names and addresses are available to members upon request, and labels may be obtained for a nominal fee.
- Grand Opening/Ribbon Cuttings for new businesses and milestone anniversaries.
- Member Information/Brochures may be displayed at the Burlingame Chamber of Commerce office. Additional optional display and promotional opportunities available.
- “Networking@Night” events for face-to-face networking, socializing, recognition, and refreshments.
- Burlingame Business and News & Networking digital newsletters: Members receive monthly emails (News & Networking) that include business information, upcoming special events and activities, new business and residents lists, advertising opportunities, calendar of events and city updates. A comprehensive newsletter (Burlingame Business) publishes quarterly and emailed to members. Additionally, other e-blasts are sent as needed, News You Can Use.
- Become a Chamber Ambassador and “meet and greet” at the Chamber functions.
- Member businesses are referred by Chamber board members, staff, referrals groups and other Chamber members.
- Collaboration for businesses occurs frequently as new members connect with current members.
Resource Information Center
- Online Business Resources including Demographics, Business Startup & Relocation, City Government and Legislative Updates; Online Business Directory and e-Newsletters.
- Membership in the Chamber does have its privileges. Take advantage of the many discounts and special offers available to you, as a Chamber member.
- Membership dues investments are 95% tax deductible as a business expense.
When the public knows a business is active in their local Chamber, that business enjoys:
- 44% increase in its favorable rating
- 51% increase in consumer awareness
- 57% increase in its local reputation
- 63% increase in its ability to attract future business
For more information contact: Georgette Naylor, President/CEO
Burlingame Chamber of Commerce * 417 California Drive * Burlingame CA 94010
T: 650.344.1735 * C: 650.219.5378 * F: 650.344.1763 * email@example.com